Rituals and Practices
A common question in the modern Pagan world (we Hellenes are not immune to it!) is one of ritual. Which rituals are appropriate for large groups, for small groups, for solitary practitioners? What about rituals and implements specific to certain deities? It is our hope to provide rituals written or researched by modern practitioners of Polytheistic Hellenism with details and introductions provided by the authors. We hope this will inspire you to share with us your personal rituals and practices.
- Daily Devotions with the Orphic Hymns by Drew Campbell
- Daily Devotional Outline by Timotheos
- A Garland for Zeus: Modern Prayer Bead Devotions by Drew Campbell
Rituals Designed for Groups, Large or Small
- A Group Offertory Rite in Greek and English by Drew Campell
- Ritual of Thanksgiving to Hermes by Timotheos
- Meat Sacrificial Rite by EagleDragon
Rituals for Festivals and Holy Days
- Athenian New Year Hymn & Prayer by DW Rowlands
- Delphinia by Timotheos
- Diasia / Chloaia: A Festival Honoring Zeus and Demeter by Zoe Mc.
- Elaphebolia: A Festival Honoring Artemis by Drew Campell
- Heliogenna (2 day festival) by Cara
- Heliogenna (9 day festival) by Hector
- Khalkeia by Victory et. al.
- Khalkeia Prayer to Athena & Hephaistos to Bless Workshop by Gitana
- Mounikhia by Timotheos
- Mounukhía Ritual by Gitana
- Proerosia by Yvonne and Zoe
- Thargelia by Timotheos
- Theogamia by Timotheos
Rituals for Funerals or Memorial Celebrations
- Hellenic Memorial Rites by Drew Campell
- Sept. 11th prayer by Jess
- 6 Short Prayers, to be used with Prayer Beads by DW Rowlands
- Prayer to Apollon for a prophetic dream by Drew Campbell
- Prayer of Unity by Melitta S.
- Prayer to Asklepios for the sick by Melissa
- Ritual Asking for Healing from Asclepius by Timotheos
- Ritual of Thanksgiving to Asclepius by Timotheos
- Spring Festival by EagleDragon
- You by Isxios (on the birth of a child)
More hymns & prayers for use in your rituals can be found in the Hymnodia project.